POSITION TITLE: f
Director of Nutrition Services
It is the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center to provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can socialize and enhance their ability to live fulfilling and healthy lives.
It is the expectation of Coatesville Area Senior Center that all staff will mirror the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center in the performance of their work.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to and in collaboration with the Director of Nutrition Service, the Prep Cook will be responsible for meal preparation, meal service, receiving and storing inventory, and ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of the dining room, restrooms, and kitchen.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Familiarity with food prep, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Desire to work with older adults and the ability to put service of others before self.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Ability to prioritize work and to appropriately delegate to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and professionalism.
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including Microsoft Office and email.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and punctuality.
- Reliable transportation to arrive to work on time.
Attributes: Individual must exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, patience, initiative, and flexibility. Individual must be able to work as part of a team by working successfully with staff, volunteers, and participants. The individual must be open-minded and able to work with all elements of human diversity represented within the internal and external community.
The Prep Cook must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally, and must be a team player who works well with others.
- Assists the cooks with food preparation with the daily menu planner, using CASC standardized recipes, in a timely manner.
- Works the food line during mealtime.
- Following portion control guidelines, plates/packages food in an attractive manner and ensures that all condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
- Keeps work area and serving line equipment clean and adheres to sanitation cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper food temperature maintenance.
- Ensures the quality of all inventory during delivery.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers & freezers clean and ensures that food supply stocks are rotated, all perishables are labeled, dated, and stored properly.
- Assists with tracking product expiration dates.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Completes any beginning of shift or end of shift duties as directed.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
- Performs all duties in adherence to CASC standards, policies, and procedures.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all visitors, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Assumes the role of Director of Nutrition Service in the absence thereof.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all foods are handled properly and that all sanitary procedures are followed as designated by the Chester County Health Department, the Chester County Department of Aging Services, the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, and the Coatesville Area Senior Center.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Certifications and Training:
- Maintain current adult CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Food manager certification is not required but encouraged.
- Guidance and instruction will be provided by the Director of Nutrition Services
- Meal programs will be evaluated periodically by the Executive Director.
- A performance evaluation will be completed annually by the Executive Director.
Typical Schedule: Schedule will vary based on demand. Typically, Monday through Friday up to five (5) hours per day.
Benefits: Vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with current personnel policies.