Assistant Executive Director
It is the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center to provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can socialize and enhance their ability to live fulfilling and healthy lives.
It is the expectation of Coatesville Area Senior Center that all staff will mirror the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center in the performance of their work.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to and in partnership with the Assistant Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning and carrying out the daily activities of the Coatesville Area Senior Center and to provide support to the front desk team and the information and assistance coordinator.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Desire to work with older adults and the ability to put service of others before self.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Ability to prioritize work and to appropriately delegate to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and professionalism.
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including Microsoft Office.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and punctuality.
Attributes: Individual must exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, patience, initiative, and flexibility. Individual must be able to work as part of a team by working successfully with staff, volunteers, and participants. The individual must be open-minded and able to work with all elements of human diversity represented within the internal and external community.
The Program Coordinator will manage the day-to-day coordination of program and service delivery. The individual will be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally, and embody the characteristics necessary to drive the mission.
- Assist in the coordination of all activities and programs daily, weekly, and monthly, including set-up and clean-up of rooms and gathering appropriate materials.
- Research and propose new activities and programs to ensure continued diversification and improvement of programming.
- Assist in timely surveys to determine interest, identify quality improvement, and monitor outcomes.
- Ensure that all pertinent client information is obtained and maintained in the client database.
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry of all daily, weekly, and monthly activities.
- Monitor program supplies and maintain adequate inventory.
- Assist in the production of the monthly newsletter including but not limited to creating, editing, copying, printing, assembly, and delivery: up to 2,000 pieces.
- Timely preparation of copy highlighting center programs for local media and distribute accordingly.
- Support the front desk team by answering calls, greeting guests, conducting tours, ensuring guest registration in Copilot, and completing all necessary intake information.
- Support the information and assistance coordinator by building knowledge around benefits programs and understanding how to complete benefits programs applications.
- If requested, temporarily assume the duties of absent staff.
- Other duties as may be required.
Certifications and Training:
- Maintain current adult CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
Accountability: A performance evaluation will be conducted annually for this position by the Assistant Executive Director.
Typical Schedule: Schedule will vary based on demand. Typically Monday through Friday, up to 6 hours per day.
Benefits: Vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with current personnel policies.