COATESVILLE AREA SENIOR CENTER: Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Part-Time Non-Exempt
It is the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center to provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can socialize and enhance their ability to live fulfilling and healthy lives. It is the expectation of Coatesville Area Senior Center that all staff will mirror the mission of the Coatesville Area Senior Center in the performance of their work.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Executive Assistant will offer administrative support to the organization’s leadership team and development office. This position works closely with the organization’s fund development committee and staff which collaborate to identify and secure money and resources from various donors to sustain organizational growth. The Executive Assistant plays a crucial role in the organization as fundraising is critical to organizational success.
ATTRIBUTES: Individual must exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, patience, initiative, and flexibility. Individual must be able to work as part of a team by working successfully with staff, volunteers and participants. The employee must be open-minded and be able to work with all elements of human diversity represented within our community.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; comparable experience and education may be considered
- 2 or more years’ experience working in the development field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, tact and professionalism in representing the center publicly.
- Excellent typing skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of, or ability to learn, Little Green Light software.
The Executive Assistant will handle a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving as well as to provide administrative support to the leadership and fund development teams with much of the day’s work dedicated to:
- Building and promoting membership enrollment and retention strategies.
- Tracking philanthropic contributions and pledges.
- Maintaining and updating the donor database.
- Responding to donor and member queries; occasionally accompanying the development team when approaching benefactors for appeals/gifts.
- Provides direct assistance with assembling grant applications.
- Prepares mailings (e.g. annual appeals, event invitations, monthly/quarterly newsletters) up to 2,500 pieces
- Supporting event management including monitoring timelines and deliverables for the Steel City 7-Day and all associated events; planning the annual Donor & Sponsor Reception and supporting the quarterly events of the activities department.
- Works collaboratively with staff to gather content and prepare layout for the completion of the monthly newsletter.
- Works collaboratively with staff to gather content and prepare layout for the completion of the quarterly donor newsletter.
- Works collaboratively with staff to gather content and prepare layout for the completion of the annual report.
- Support the activities team by helping with answering incoming calls, greeting guests, room set-up, conducting tours, taking photographs, room clean-up, etc.
- Manages the organization’s website(s) and social media(s) including the creation of content and development of a social media calendar.
- Temporarily assumes the responsibilities of any absent staff member when requested.
- Maintain current adult CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications.
- Attend training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A performance evaluation will be conducted annually by the executive director.
Typical Schedule: 32-hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30AM through 4:30PM though the employee may be asked to work outside of the normal hours to assist in the coverage of special events.
Benefits: Vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with current personnel policies.